This degree programme is presented in English only.
Also consult G Regulations G.30 to G.54
The curriculum is determined in consultation with the programme organiser.
A student will have to apply to the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology if he/she requires more than three years to complete the degree.
- Relevant honours degree with a cumulative weighted average of at least 65% for the honours degree or relevant four-year bachelor’s degree with a weighted average of at least 65% at final-year level and
- The following modules passed at first-year level:
- Mathematical Statistics or Statistics and
- Mathematics (preferably Calculus and Linear Algebra) and
- A recommendation letter from the employer/line manager, indicating a commitment that they will make time available for the employee to devote to the studies
- An essay/motivation letter motivating the interest in this degree
- Comprehensive intellectual CV
Other programme-specific information
Discontinuation of studies
The Dean may, on the recommendation of the admissions committee, cancel the studies of a student who fails more than one module. A module may only be repeated once.
Deregistration of modules
Deregistration of modules is only allowed before the early deadline.
Examinations and pass requirements
A minimum semester mark of 40% is required in order to be admitted to the final examinations in all the prescribed modules of the degree. A final mark of 50% is required to pass all coursework modules and the mini-dissertation.
Pass with distinction
The degree is conferred with distinction on students who have obtained at least 75% for the mini-dissertation and a minimum of 75% weighted average final mark for the coursework modules.