This degree programme is presented in English only.
Also consult G Regulations G.30 to G.54
The curriculum is determined in consultation with the programme organiser.
A student will have to apply to the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology if he/she requires more than three years to complete the degree.
- Subject to the stipulations of Gen. Reg. G.1.3, G.30 and G.62, an appropriate honours or bachelor’s degree is a requirement for admission.
- Selection of candidates will take place.
- The result of the selection is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- A minimum pass mark of 65% for the previous degree AND
- Successful completion of higher education modules, or other modules with similar content, as part of the previous degree in:
- Calculus I,
- Linear Algebra I,
- Database systems, and
- Research methods; AND
- Success in the selection process based on:
- previous education;
- passing an English test; and
- passing a proficiency test in Databases, Programming, Mathematics and Statistics.
Other programme-specific information
Discontinuation of studies
The Dean may, on the recommendation of the admissions committee, cancel the studies of a student who fails more than one module. A module may only be repeated once.
Deregistration of modules
Deregistration of modules is only allowed before the early deadline.
Examinations and pass requirements
A minimum semester mark of 40% is required in order to be admitted to the final examinations in all the prescribed modules of the degree. A final mark of 50% is required to pass all coursework modules and the mini-dissertation.
Pass with distinction
The degree is conferred with distinction on students who have obtained at least 75% for the mini-dissertation and a minimum of 75% weighted average final mark for the coursework modules.