- Subject to the provisions of General Regulations G.1.3 and G.54 a bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification is required for admission to the postgraduate diploma.
- The requirement of an exemption assessment on preparatory work as determined by the Dean must be complied with.
- The Dean may set additional admission requirements.
- Candidates will be subjected to a selection process.
Refer General Regulation G.55.
Prescribed courses, workshops and company or field visits form part of the programme.
Examinations and pass requirements
- The minimum pass mark for each prescribed module is 50%.
- In the case of methodology modules, credit for the module will be obtained through an exam. Exam entry is contingent on adequate progress with the online component of the work, and a subminimum of 45% must be obtained in the examination.
- In the case of thematic studies, students must have obtained a minimum of 50% for assignment submissions.
- A candidate who has failed more than two modules may not continue with his/her studies for the diploma, except with the approval of the Dean.