- The following persons will be considered for admission: a candidate who is in possession of a certificate that is deemed by the University to be equivalent to the required Grade 12 certificate with university or diploma endorsement; a candidate who is a graduate from another tertiary institution or has been granted the status of a graduate of such an institution; and a candidate who is a graduate of another faculty at the University of Pretoria.
- Life Orientation is excluded in the calculation of the APS.
- For selection purposes the sum of the results in six subjects, including English, is calculated.
- Grade 11 final examination results will be used for the provisional admission of prospective students.
- Applicants who indicate Higher Certificate in Sports Science as first or second choice will be considered.
- All applicants will be considered by the Student Administration of the Faculty based on the admission requirements.
- Applicants that meet the academic requirements, will then be further considered in collaboration with TuksSport for the different Sports Codes according to their sport achievements.
- Selection is based on Grade 11 results and Grade 12 sporting achievements. Please take note that places for the Higher Certificate in Sports Science are preferentially offered to applicants who are nominated by one of the official UP sports clubs.
English Home Language or English First Additional Language
Cambridge A level candidates who obtained at least a D in the required subjects, will be considered for admission. International Baccalaureate (IB) HL candidates who obtained at least a 4 in the required subjects, will be considered for admission.