A bachelor honours degree or equivalent in a field of relevance to either mental health or philosophy eg MBChB; BPsych; BAHons; LLB; BCur; BOccTher is the minimum admission requirement.
Practical experience and/or a relevant master’s degree is strongly recommended eg MMed (Psych); MA (Philosophy); MA (Psychology); MA (Sociology) MA (Social Work); MMus (Music Therapy); LLM; MCur MOccTher.
Also consult the General Regulations.
Contact department before application.
Also consult General Regulations.
Examinations and pass requirements
- Students must complete the assignments of each of the core modules and obtain a minimum mark of 50% to pass in the respective core modules.
- The dissertation must consist of five sections of which the first four will respectively address a topic from the core modules. The fifth section will be on an appropriate topic of the student’s choice.
- The first four sections of the dissertation should each be between 5 000 and 6 000 words and the fifth section should be approximately 10 000 words in length.
- A minimum mark of 50% will be required in each section of the dissertation to pass.
- A student will be disqualified from further study towards this degree when he or she fails any one of the sections for the third time.
Pass with distinction
The degree will be conferred with distinction on a student who obtains a mark of 75% or more for the dissertation.