The duration of the programme is 12 months. The programme is presented by means of contact sessions and online delivery.
All postgraduate programmes are not offered every year. Please consult the relevant faculty concerning the presentation of this programme.
A relevant bachelor’s degree.
- The Dean has the right of authorisation regarding matters not provided for in the General Regulations or Faculty Regulations.
- Only selected candidates will be allowed to register for a Postgraduate Diploma.
- The Department concerned reserves the right not to present a programme during a specific period or to limit the number of candidates admitted.
- The presentation of the programme is subject to the admission of a minimum number of candidates.
Examinations and pass requirements
An examination is written in each of the modules and a minimum of 50% should be obtained in each of the modules to pass.
There are no supplementary examinations in this programme.
In calculating marks, General Regulation G12.2 applies.
Subject to the provisions of General Regulation G.26, a head of a department determines, in consultation with the Dean
- when the examinations for the Postgraduate Diploma in his/her department will take place, provided that:
- examinations for the Postgraduate Diploma which do not take place before the end of the academic year, must take place no later than 18 January of the following year, and all examination results must be submitted to the Student Administration by 25 January; and
- examinations for the Postgraduate Diploma which do not take place before the end of the first semester, may take place no later than 15 July, and all examination results must be submitted to the Student Administration on or before 18 July.
- whether a candidate will be admitted to a supplementary examination, provided that a supplementary examination is granted, only once in a maximum of two prescribed semester modules or once in one year module;
- supplementary examinations (if granted) cover the same subject matter as was the case for the examinations; NB: For the purpose of this provision, the phrase "not sit for an examination more than twice in the same subject" as it appears in General Regulation G.18.2, implies that a candidate may not be admitted to an examination in a module, including a supplementary examination, more than three times.
- the manner in which research reports are prepared and examined in his department. NB: Full details are published in each department's postgraduate information brochure, which is available from the head of department concerned. The minimum pass mark for a research report is 50%. The provisions regarding pass requirements for dissertations contained in General Regulation G.12.2 apply mutatis mutandis to research reports.
Subject to the provisions of General Regulation G.22.214.171.124, the subminimum required in subdivisions of modules is published in the study guides, which are available from the head of department concerned.