Entries open for Green Talents Award
Posted on April 13, 2019
How can we establish good, healthy living conditions for everyone around the world when today’s economies and lifestyles are challenged by global climate change? How do we preserve our planet’s resources for future generations? How can research contribute to improved sustainability? These questions are at the centre of the “Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development”. It invites you as a creative and open-minded scientist to apply with your project to showcase your research to a broader public, to discuss with renowned experts and to conduct your research in Germany.
With this year’s special focus on how digitalisation can promote more sustainability in science and our societies, the catchphrase of the 2019 competition is “Smart Green Planet – Solutions for a Sustainable Future”. In addition, applications from all disciplines are highly welcome, and the research does not need to have a direct link to digitalisation.
As a successful Green Talent 2019, you will receive
- An invitation to the fully funded two-week Green Talents Science Forum 2019, consisting of
- Visits to leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies with exclusive insights into their pioneering research and projects;
- Individual appointments with German experts of your choice to discuss upcoming joint research and cooperation efforts;
- Networking opportunities at the 10th anniversary of Green Talents’ alumni conference in Berlin with key representatives of the German sustainability landscape;
- A fully funded research stay of up to three months at an institution of your choice in Germany in 2020;
- Exclusive access to the prestigious Green Talents’ alumni network.
Be selected by a jury of renowned German experts and gain unique access to Germany’s sustainability research network. Apply now! Planet Earth needs you!
The “Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development” programme has been hosted by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research for the past 10 years. It is held under the auspices of the German Minister of Education and Research, Ms Anja Karliczek. Honouring 25 young international researchers each year, the programme has successfully fostered the global exchange of innovative ideas within the field of sustainability. Since 2009, some 232 outstanding scientists from 65 countries have been awarded for their achievements and contributions to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable.
Eligible to apply are master’s students, PhD students, postdocs as well as young professionals, with no more than three years’ professional work experience (excluding professional work experiences gained within the scope of an educational degree) and a strong focus on sustainable development. Applicants must have an excellent command of English and an above-average grade. Applications from non-German citizens or residents will also be considered.
For more information, please refer to our website www.greentalents.de where both the competition flyer and the award trailer are accessible.
Deadline for submission: 22 May 2019, 2 p.m. CEST.
- Author Department of University Relations