Human Economy Group
University of Pretoria, South Africa
Applications are invited for Post-Doctoral Fellowships in an interdisciplinary research program on the ‘Human Economy’ in the Faculty of the Humanities. This program will be entering its second year in January 2012 and is open to researchers in disciplines such as Economic Sociology, Economic History, Economic Geography, Economic Anthropology, Political Economy or Development Studies. The Faculty especially encourages applications from the ‘global South’.
Fellowships are for one year (starting January/February 2012), with possible renewal for a further year. Fellows are expected to publish and to undertake research in southern Africa. They will receive
· A tax-free stipend of up to R175 000 per annum
· A return air ticket between their country of residence and South Africa
· Funding for research in southern Africa
· Funding to attend one international conference outside South Africa during their tenure
· Access to the facilities of the University of Pretoria, including office space.
Applicants must complete the University of Pretoria Post-Doctoral Application Form by 12th September 2011. For further information, please contact the co-directors of the program:
Professor John Sharp ([email protected]) and Professor Keith Hart ([email protected]) .
Check out the human economy program at: http://www.up.ac.za/humaneconomy, especially About Human Economy.