- An honours degree in a language linguistics or a language-related discipline with a minimum credit value of 120; or
- A recognised honours degree other than the above to the value of 120 credits.
• Modules to the value of at least 20 credits in Linguistics at undergraduate level and/or a pass mark for LCC 710 are required. If a student does not meet this requirement, LCC 710 must be taken in the first year of the master’s study as an additional module.
• Students could be required to do an oral examination or additional modules in order to achieve the requisite level of knowledge and skills.
• An acceptable level of proficiency in English or Afrikaans is a requisite.
• Students who do not have the required level of proficiency in English have to take an additional module, TTS 751 Academic writing skills.
• An approved research proposal is required.
Other programme-specific information