1. MBChB (or equivalent) degree or relevant medical degree with modules equivalent to at least the first two years of the MBChB degree
Also consult the General Academic Regulations G30-G41. The first two years will be part-time study, and the final year full-time study as a registrar in the relevant main discipline.
Examinations and pass requirements
- The sequence of the examinations in the prerequisite subjects is determined by the head of the department under which the major subject falls.
- The nature, duration and time of the examinations are determined in co- operation with the heads of the departments under which the prerequisite subjects fall – with the proviso that, except in cases indicated differently, the examinations in the prerequisite subjects will be held at any time prior to, or concurrently with the examinations in the major subject.
- To pass in a module, a minimum final mark of 50% is required.
- A student will not be admitted to the examinations in a prerequisite module, or to the examination in the major subject, more than twice (supplementary examinations excluded).
Supplementary examinations will take place only after at least six months have elapsed since the conclusion of the examination in which the student failed.
Pass with distinction
The degree is conferred with distinction on a student who has obtained a final mark of at least 75% in his or her major subject.