- Honours degree in Gender Studies or honours degree in Sociology with relevant modules or honours degree with specialisation in relevant social science
- A cumulative weighted average of at least 70% for the honours degree
- Research component passed at honours level
- An admissions essay may be required
Note: Additional work/modules may be required in order to reach the desired level of competency
- Prospective students may be required to submit an admissions essay or to sit for an examination or to do additional modules to enable them to reach the desired level of study.
- An acceptable level of proficiency in English or Afrikaans is required.
- An approved research proposal is also required.