- Bachelor’s degree with statistics or relevant bachelor’s degree
- A weighted average of at least 65% for Statistics at final-year level
- An admission examination may be required
Note: Additional modules may be required in order to reach the desired level of competency
Other programme-specific information
- Details of compilation of curriculum are available from the Head of the Department of Statistics as well as from the departmental postgraduate brochure.
- A candidate must compile his/her curriculum in consultation with the head of department or his/her representative. It is also possible to include postgraduate modules from other departments. Refer to the Departmental website for further information.
- All honours students in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics must enrol for STK 796 which is a compulsory but non-credit-bearing module.
- An external student who does not fully meet the requirements to enter this degree can register, with permission from the head of department and the postgraduate committee for STK 310, 320, 353 and WST 212 in year 1 full-time for non-degree purposes. Provided a 65% average for these is achieved, the student can then complete the BScHons (Statistics) modules in year 2.