- The Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy or an equivalent qualification.
- Registration as occupational therapist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa.
- A student must have at least one year clinical experience in the proposed field of study (Community service year excluded).
- A student must hold at least a 15 hours per week position for the duration of study deemed applicable to the proposed field of study by the head of department.
- A written structured letter of motivation must be submitted with the application on 31 October.
Also consult the General Regulations.
Students must register for, and attend (TNM 802) Applied research methodology 802 satisfactorily. (Exemption will be granted if the module, BSN 701 Biostatistics and research methodology has been passed for the BOccTherHons degree.)
Examinations and pass requirements
The minimum pass mark for the dissertation is 50%.
Pass with distinction
The degree is conferred with distinction on a student who has obtained at least 75% for the dissertation . (TNM 802) Applied research methodology 800 and (OTX 800) Occupational therapy 800 must have been attended satisfactorily.