This degree programme is presented in English only.
Also consult G Regulations G.30 to G.54
The curriculum is determined in consultation with the programme organiser.
A student will have to apply to the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology if he/she requires more than three years to complete the degree.
- Subject to the stipulations of Gen. Reg. G.1.3, G.30 and G.62, an appropriate honours or bachelor’s degree is a requirement for admission.
- A pass mark in Mathematics at grade 12 level or another qualification in Mathematics, Statistics or Mathematical Statistics, which the Chairperson of the School of Information Technology considers to be sufficient.
- Sufficient appropriate practical experience in the technology field in the opinion of the Chairperson of the School of Information Technology.
- The Chairperson of the School of Information Technology may impose additional requirements for admission. In particular, this will apply to candidates with insufficient academic background in Information Technology.
- Selection of candidates will take place.
- The result of the selection is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Other programme-specific information
Discontinuation of studies
The Dean may, on the recommendation of the admissions committee, cancel the studies of a student who fails more than one module. A module may only be repeated once.
Deregistration of modules
Deregistration of modules is only allowed before the early deadline.
Examinations and pass requirements
A minimum semester mark of 40% is required in order to be admitted to the final examinations in all the prescribed modules of the degree. A final mark of 50% is required to pass all coursework modules and the mini-dissertation.
Pass with distinction
The degree is conferred with distinction on students who have obtained at least 75% for the mini-dissertation and a minimum of 75% weighted average final mark for the coursework modules.