Hierdie inligting is slegs in Engels beskikbaar.
This degree programme is presented in English only.
Also consult G Regulations G.30 to G.54
The curriculum is determined in consultation with the programme organiser.
A student will have to apply to the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology if he/she requires more than three years to complete the degree.
- Subject to the stipulations of Gen. Reg. G.1.3, G.30 and G.62, an appropriate honours or bachelor’s degree is a requirement for admission.
- A pass mark in Mathematics at grade 12 level or another qualification in Mathematics, Statistics or Mathematical Statistics, which the Chairperson of the School of Information Technology considers to be sufficient.
- Sufficient appropriate practical experience in the technology field in the opinion of the Chairperson of the School of Information Technology.
- The Chairperson of the School of Information Technology may impose additional requirements for admission. In particular, this will apply to candidates with insufficient academic background in Information Technology.
- Selection of candidates will take place.
- The result of the selection is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Ander programspesifieke inligting
Discontinuation of studies
The Dean may, on the recommendation of the admissions committee, cancel the studies of a student who fails more than one module. A module may only be repeated once.
Deregistration of modules
Deregistration of modules is only allowed before the early deadline.
Eksamens en slaagvereistes
A minimum semester mark of 40% is required in order to be admitted to the final examinations in all the prescribed modules of the degree. A final mark of 50% is required to pass all coursework modules and the mini-dissertation.
Slaag met lof
The degree is conferred with distinction on students who have obtained at least 75% for the mini-dissertation and a minimum of 75% weighted average final mark for the coursework modules.