2. In addition to the stipulations of G.22.1, an honours degree is conferred on a student only if the student has complied with all the requirements laid down in faculty regulations.
G.23 ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF MODULES
1. [J.S.18(3)] Subject to the stipulations of G.22.1, G.23.2 and the Joint Statute, a dean may acknowledge modules passed at another tertiary institution or at this University in a department other than that in which the honours study is undertaken for the honours degree – provided that at least half of the required modules for the degree in question are attended and passed at this University.
2. If there is overlap in the course content of the degree for which the student wishes to enrol or is enrolled and a degree already conferred, the dean may not acknowledge any modules that form part of the degree already conferred.
G.24 REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO EXAMINATIONS, PROMOTION TO A SUBSEQUENT YEAR OF STUDY, PROMOTION IN A MODULE AND ATTENDANCE MODULES
The stipulations of G.10 apply with the necessary changes.
G.25 YEAR AND SEMESTER MARKS
The stipulations of G.11 apply with the necessary changes.
1. Examinations and research reports
(a) The examination for an honours degree consists of papers, or papers and a research report, and may be oral and/or written.
(b) The nature and extent of the examinations are determined by the dean, on the recommendation of the head of the department.
(c) Research reports are prepared and examined according to the procedures laid down in faculty regulations.
(d) A written examination for an honours degree takes place during the examination periods announced annually.
(e) An oral honours examination may be conducted at a time other than the periods approved for written examinations, provided that this is arranged by the head of the department, in consultation with the dean.
2. Pass requirements
The stipulations of G.12.2 apply with the necessary changes.
3. Ancillary examinations, supplementary examinations, extraordinary examinations and special examinations
The stipulations of G.12.3 to G.12.6 apply with the necessary changes.
The stipulations of G.13 apply with the necessary changes.
G.28 RE-MARKING OF EXAMINATION SCRIPTS
The stipulations of G.14 apply with the necessary changes.
G.29 COMPLIANCE WITH DEGREE REQUIREMENTS AND DEGREE PRIVILEGES
The stipulations of G.15 apply with the necessary changes.
Copyright © University of Pretoria 2023. All rights reserved.
COVID-19 Corona Virus South African Resource Portal
To contact the University during the COVID-19 lockdown, please send an email to [email protected]
Get Social With Us
Download the UP Mobile App