- Relevant bachelor’s degree
- At least 60% for all mathematics and applied mathematics modules at final-year level
- A minimum of 60% for each of the following subjects/modules (or equivalent):
- Real analysis at final-year level
- Linear algebra at second-year level
Promotion to next study year
The progress of all honours candidates is monitored biannually by the postgraduate coordinator/head of department. A candidate’s study may be terminated if the progress is unsatisfactory or if the candidate is unable to finish his/her studies during the prescribed period.