- Relevant bachelor’s degree, or
- A relevant advanced diploma (in TVET, NQF level 7), or
- A relevant advanced diploma in teaching/Postgraduate Certificate in Education, or
- A relevant four-year bachelor’s degree in teaching (eg BEd, BAEd, BSecEd; BSc Ed), or
- A relevant three-year professional teaching qualification with appropriate prior learning or,
- A National Diploma with appropriate prior learning, and
- Computer literacy proficiency as determined by a proficiency test may be required.
- Applicants must be employed as academic staff in the TVET sector.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate sufficient computer literacy that will be assessed, or must have a recognised Information Technology qualification which meets this need.
- Applicants must have access to Internet Communications infrastructure.
Other programme-specific information
- The programme takes the form of integrated work-based professional learning (addressing the multidimensional practice of education in a TVET context). The focus is on authentic workplace assessment.
- In contact mode the programme extends over one year and is presented in block sessions of which two will be presented in the first semester and two in the second semester, followed by evening classes every fortnight.
- In distance and hybrid off-campus modes the programme extends over one or two years and is presented with two optional contact sessions year, followed by ICT driven guided study.
Pass with distinction
The certificate is awarded with distinction to a student who has obtained an average of at least 75%, with a minimum of 65 % in each module (no rounding).