The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) has shared the 2022 updated lists of accredited journals with the University. Accredited journals are recognised academic journals which meet specified criteria and therefore, qualify for subsidisation by the DHET. To receive subsidy or recognition for an article you have written, you should select a journal which is accredited from one of the lists below:
- Web of Science (previously called ISI)
- IBSS (International Bibliography of Social Sciences)
- DHET (a list of South African journals)
- SciELO SA (a list of South African Open Access Journals)
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
All these lists as well as an alphabetical integrated list, are available on the library website at https://library.up.ac.za/journalsaccredited. There is also an archive of previous years’ lists since 2013. Before submitting an article for publication, researchers are reminded to check whether that publication appears in the accredited journals above.
Departmental dedicated information specialists can also assist researchers to select the appropriate journals to publish in.