Posted on September 13, 2021
THE JAVETT ART CENTRE AT UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA IS HIRING A
MANAGER: STRATEGIC BRAND AND FUNDRAISING
Fixed-term contract eligible for renewal subject to satisfactory performance
The Javett Art Centre at the University of Pretoria (Javett-UP) is a new art centre, opened on 24 September 2019. Javett-UP serves as a home for pan-African artistic practice in an environment characterized by creativity, diversity, research, study and exploration. It will set new benchmarks in curatorial practices, conservation and art education. The Javett-UP is a partnership between the University of Pretoria and the Javett Foundation. It is an art centre that is as collegiate as it is philanthropic.
The goal is to develop the Javett-UP reflectively, accountably and boldly into a world class Art Centre for South Africa, the rest of Africa and globally.
The Strategic Brand and Fundraising Manager is responsible for the designing, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all communication and marketing initiatives to create and maintain a progressive and opportune public image of the Javett-UP. Coordinate stakeholder engagement activities, audience development and fundraising initiatives towards sustainability of the Javett-UP.
The preferred candidate will be required to render services, which includes, but are not limited to the following:
· Contribute to the implementation of the strategic vision of the organisation.
· Grow new audiences and oversee stakeholder relations management, with particular attention to
contact zones in and around the Tshwane area.
· Develop and manage the brand communication plan of the organisation and widen its reach
across the continent of Africa, with significant presence globally.
· Oversee and coordinate all media and publicity activities, monitor and evaluate the same.
· Coordinate internal content generation for marketing and publicity purposes
· Oversee and grow all the online marketing and publicity platforms of the organisation.
· Oversee all brand designs and audio-visual productions to ensure alignment with the corporate
identity and artistic integrity of the organisation.
· Support growth of the use of technology in translating the Javett-UP visitor experience, and
ensure access to underserved communities.
· Develop and grow memberships and Friends of the organisation.
· Develop and maintain a sponsorship and donor database.
· Collaborate with management in drafting fundraising proposals.
· Oversee and organize fundraising activities.
· Contribute to the growth of 3rd stream income generation opportunities.
· Recruit, supervise and train interns and support staff.
· Oversee market analysis and report on the same.
Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field required.
Five years of experience in public relations, communications, or related field required with supervisory experience preferred.
Extensive knowledge of public relation principles and strategies.
Extensive knowledge of fundraising best practices and strategies.
Excellent public speaking skills.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
· Excellent written communication skills with a proven ability to write in a journalistic style
that is customary for external publications.
· Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to build and maintain
relationships with media contacts and outlets.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficiency with image and video editing software such as Photoshop, InDesign or
similar is advantageous.
· Proficient with operating online communication channels such as Zoom or similar.
· Knowledge of the arts and culture sector.
· Experience in engaging multiple communities or contact zones.
· Own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Qualifying candidates are requested to submit applications to [email protected]. Please quote the Job Title in the subject of your email.
In applying for this post, please attach:
A concise and relevant CV
Concise letter of application expressing interest in the job based on knowledge and experience
Certified copies of qualifications
Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact
CLOSING DATE: 08 October 2021 at 12h00
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Alicia Quiggin, [email protected] for application-related enquiries, and Mr Lekgetho Makola, [email protected] for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not receive a response from the Javett-UP by 01 November 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The Javett-UP is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The Javett-UP reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.
Click the link below for more information:
Copyright © University of Pretoria 2023. All rights reserved.
COVID-19 Corona Virus South African Resource Portal
To contact the University during the COVID-19 lockdown, please send an email to [email protected]
Get Social With Us
Download the UP Mobile App