Win UP gear in the UP Rap & Slam Poetry Competition!
Posted on February 25, 2019
Are you an aspiring rapper, a skilled MC, a slam poet, and a UP student? If so, UP wants to hear from you! You could win cool UP branded gear from the UP Shop by sending us a 15- to 20-second video or audio clip of you showing off your rapping skills or doing a slam poetry performance celebrating your time at UP. To make things more interesting, we want you to use at least 10 of the words or phrases from the list below:
Teach, learn, give, grow, live, excellence, research, prepared, world beyond university, graduation, support, health and wellbeing, success matters, respect, tolerance, kindness, unity, environment, be your own boss, give back, friendship, the finish line is yours, more than a degree
How to enter:
Click here to submit your entry before or on Wednesday 6 March 2019, and you could win cool UP branded gear from the UP Shop. The best entries might be featured right here on our social media channels!
Terms and conditions
- Participants must be registered full time students at the University of Pretoria (the “University”) and have a valid 2019 university of Pretoria student card.
- By entering this Competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, and the University’s decision regarding any issue with the Competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No responsibility will be accepted for any entry that is not delivered, received or is delayed damaged due to technical reasons, including telecommunication failure on the part of the participant’s service provider, or otherwise. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- Entries reflected on the University’s records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence of successful entries.
- The university is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation in the campaign and they assume no liability in this regard.
- The University will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
- A student may enter as many times as they like.
- Participants in the competition understand and agree that in order to offer the Competition; The University must collect and use personal information about participants.
- Prize winners may be requested to participate in publicity connected to this Competition. The prize winners grant permission for the use of their names and photographs in any advertising and promotional material for this Competition.
- All personal information relating to the Participants will be used solely in accordance with South African consumer and data protection legislation.
- All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the University, including copyrights.
- The University reserves the right to alter or cancel the Competition at its discretion, without recourse.
- The participants and winner(s) unconditionally and irrevocably indemnify and hold harmless the University and its successors, employees, officers, suppliers, contractors, agents, consultants, directors and shareholders against all and any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise), liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis), medical costs or other costs howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the participants participation in the Competition, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- If a participant contravenes these rules, the participant may, in the University’s discretion, be disqualified from the Competition.
- Income taxes relating to the prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
- The University reserves the right to cancel or alter any aspect of the Competition at any time at its sole discretion without liability.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern these Competition terms and conditions and the courts of Republic of South Africa shall have jurisdiction.
- Author Department of University Relations