Submit your study applications
14 June 2018
Prospective students who wish to apply to the University of Pretoria (UP) for admission to one of its degree programmes, should submit their applications as soon possible.
The closing date for the 2019 intake for admission to the selection programmes listed below is 30 June 2018. In order to be considered for admission to these programmes, the respective Faculties have selection criteria which include the submission of school results, and in some cases, portfolios of work. Please ensure that you are fully aware of the relevant selection criteria of the programme you are applying for.
The following two faculties have an applications submission deadline of 30 June 2018:
Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology
- BSc (Construction Management)
- BSc (Quantity Surveying)
- BSc (Real Estate)
Faculty of Humanities
• BA (Audiology)
• BA (Speech-Language Pathology)
• BA (Fine Arts)
• BA (Information Design)
• BMus (Bachelor of Music)
• BDram (Bachelor of Drama)
Why should you study at UP and in these programmes next year?
- The University of Pretoria is a world-class university which is one of the biggest research producers in South Africa and in Africa. It is spread over seven campuses, and has more than 53 000 students, nine faculties and a business school.
- It offers 1 213 study programmes, 230 degrees, certificates and diplomas, 166 undergraduate programmes and 1 047 postgraduate programmes, with more than 35 sporting codes. It has awarded more than 365 500 qualifications, while it has produced more than 267 000 alumni, many of whom hold high profile positions in business and in society.
- Overall, UP is ranked in the 501-550 rank range, according to the latest QS World University Rankings report released in June 2017. Previously, QS stated that considering there are approximately 26 000 universities globally (although not all are ranked by QS), this rank positions UP among the top 2% of universities in the world.
- The Department of Construction Economics in the Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology is a leader in the provision of well-prepared practitioners in the fields of construction and property development in the private and public sector, both locally and abroad. The Department is accredited with the South African Council for the Quantity Surveying Profession (SACQSP), the South African Council for Project and Construction Management Professionals (SACPCMP), as well as the South African Council for the Property Valuers Profession (SACPVP). It also has a strong relationship with industry and relevant professional associations such as the Association of South African Quantity Surveyors (ASAQS) as well as international accreditations with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- The Faculty of Humanities provides a holistic education, transferable skills, critical thinking, and communication and problem-solving skills that will help you develop to your full potential. You will be entering a stimulating environment that will broaden your intellectual horizons and help you achieve personal and professional success through the best possible learning experience. As the most diverse Faculty at the University of Pretoria, it offers an exciting and comprehensive range of programmes and discipline-based majors, including studies in languages, social sciences and visual and performing arts.
- The University produces high-quality graduates who are equipped to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
Take the first step towards your future today and #ChooseUP. Apply online at http://www.up.ac.za/online-application or go to: http://www.up.ac.za/choose-up or click on the video to see how to apply.
Please note that no late applications will be allowed.
Share this page
Last edited by Buyisiwe NkonyaneEdit