When we are swamped with work and daily responsibilities it is sometimes very difficult to find our way back to feeling grounded and happy with where we are in our lives. The focus of this workshop will be to explore what mindfulness is, why it is important and look at simple practical steps to apply the principles to everyday life.
Join us at EWP@UP for a four-hour morning workshop to empower you to find a bit of calm in the chaos of everyday life.
Activity: Workshop: Mindfulness for busy people
Venue: Blue Room, Old Chemistry Building, Hatfield Campus
Date: Friday, 28 October 2016
RSVP: by Wednesday, 26 October 2016 at 12:00 (Susan Joubert, [email protected])
Please obtain prior approval from your line manager to attend the workshop. Without such approval we cannot accept your booking.
Since we can accommodate only fifteen participants, bookings will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.
Register online as follows:
- Log on to the UP portal (www.up.ac.za). The UP Staff Intranet news page will appear. Click on the Staff Systems portlet button.
- Scroll to the Human Capital Management (HCM) System portlet and click on Human Resources Self-Service link (leave, claims, personal info, etc).
- Click on the Employee Work Centre link.
- Click on the Performance Development tab.
- Click on Development Request. (You have previously entered your development needs and you have selected the programme(s) that you would like to attend.)
- Click on In-house (Free of charge) programmes.
- Click on Search by Course name (Intro Mindfulness: 1970), type the name of the workshop and click on the Search button, or simply leave the space blank and press Enter.
- A list of all the selected courses will be displayed. Click on View available sessions next to the course you would like to attend and select a session by clicking on the Session number.
- On the Request Training Enrolment – Session Detail screen, read the applicable information and click on the Continue button.
- Complete the comments field if necessary and click on Submit.