Hierdie inligting is slegs in Engels beskikbaar.
The programme consists of compulsory modules (30 credits) and elective modules (60 credits). Students may register for modules to the maximum of 20 credits presented by another department, which forms part of the elective modules.
Apart from the compulsory and elective modules, a project, leading to a research report (60 credits), forms an essential part of the programme. One seminar (15 credits) must also be written and presented. Field excursions are undertaken. In addition to the compulsory modules, electives are selected in consultation with the supervisor.
Renewal of registration
- Subject to exceptions approved by the Dean, on the recommendation of the head of department, and in the case of distance education where the Dean formulates the stipulations that will apply, a student may not sit for an examination for the honours degree more than twice in the same module.
- A student for an honours degree must complete his or her study, in the case of full-time students, within two years and, in the case of after-hours students, within three years of first registering for the degree and, in the case of distance education students, within the period stipulated by the Dean. Under special circumstances, the Dean, on the recommendation of the head of department, may give approval for a limited extension of this period.
In calculating marks, General Regulation G.12.2 applies.
Apart from the prescribed coursework, a research project is an integral part of the study.
BSc in Plantkunde of 'n aanbeveling van die departementshoof indien die kandidaat nie in Plantkunde gespesialiseer het nie. 'n Minimum van 60% in BOT 365, wat aangebied word in die derde jaar vlak in die Departement Plant- en Grondkunde.
Die aanbevole modules op BSc derdejaarsvlak is soos volg:
1. BOT 366 Plantdiversiteit (Departement Departement Plant- en Grondkunde)
2. BOT 356 Plant ekofisiologie (Departement Departement Plant- en Grondkunde)
3. BCM 368 Molekulêre basis vir siekte (Departement Biochemie)
4. BCM 357 Biokatalise en integrasie van metabolisme (Departement Biochemie)
5. FAR 382 Farmakologie (Departement van Farmakologie)
6. CMY 282 Fisiese Chemie (Departement Chemie)
7. CMY 284 Organiese chemie (Departement Chemie)
Slaag met lof
The BScHons degree is awarded with distinction to a candidate who obtains a weighted average of at least 75% in all the prescribed modules and a minimum of 65% in any one module.