- The following persons will be considered for admission: a candidate who is in possession of a certificate that is deemed by the University to be equivalent to the required Grade 12 certificate with university endorsement; a candidate who is a graduate from another tertiary institution or has been granted the status of a graduate of such an institution; and a candidate who is a graduate of another faculty at the University of Pretoria.
- Life Orientation is excluded when calculating the APS.
- Grade 11 results are used in the provisional admission of prospective students.
- A valid qualification with admission to degree studies is required.
- Minimum subject and achievement requirements, as set out below, are required. On first-year level a student has a choice between Afrikaans and English as language medium. In certain cases, tuition may be presented in English only, for example in electives, where the lecturer may not speak Afrikaans or in cases where it is not economically or practically viable.
- Should a candidate obtain an APS of 26 to 29, consideration for admission will be based on the results of the NBT, provided the quotas regarding student numbers have not been reached.
|Minimum requirements |
|Achievement level |
|Afrikaans or English ||Mathematics ||APS |
|NSC/IEB ||HIGCSE ||AS-Level ||A-Level ||NSC/IEB ||HIGCSE ||AS-Level ||A-Level |
|5 ||3 ||C ||C ||5 ||3 ||C ||C || |
based on the
Other programme-specific information
Note that a student who wishes to continue with an MSc(Computer Science) or MCom(Informatics) or MIS (Information Science) should take four of the five honours modules from that specific department in their fourth year of study.
Promotion to next study year
Also consult the G Regulations.
- A student is promoted to the following year of study after obtaining the required credits as mentioned below:
- Second year of study after obtaining at least 70% of the credits of the first year of study.
- Third year of study after obtaining at least 70% of the credits of the second year of study.
- Fourth year of study after obtaining at least 70% of credits of the third year of study.
- The degree is conferred if all the prescribed modules have been passed.