The following requirements are set:
- Advanced instruction by means of self-tuition, lectures and seminars.
- Students must pass the module TNM 700 Applied research methodology 700.
- Students must pass the module PHM 770 Learning in public health 770.
- Students must pass a research report (or project) that carries at least 30 credits.
- Relevant bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree with at least one applicable biological subject as a major or Bachelor of Environmental Health with specialisation in environmental management
- A weighted average of at least 60% in the biological science or specialisation modules at final-year level
Other programme-specific information
Students who want to specialise in environmental health need to enrol for ENV 785 and GGY 789 to replace EOH 771 and EOH 772.
Examinations and pass requirements
- The individual modules in each field of study must all be passed with a mark of at least 50% in each module, before a student may graduate in that field of study.
- Each field of study has a specified, externally moderated, summative assessment that must also be passed before the student may graduate.
Pass with distinction
The degree is conferred with distinction on a student who has obtained an average of at least 75% in the summative assessment, as well as an average of at least 75% for the remaining components of the curriculum (i.e. excluding the summative assessment mark).