The MSc (Applied Science) degree is conferred by the same departments as the BScHons (Applied Science) degree.
A minimum of 128 credits is required to obtain the MSc degree. Either a mini-dissertation (64 credits) and coursework (64 credits) or a dissertation (128 credits) is included in the programme.
Unless the Dean, on recommendation of the relevant head of department, decides otherwise, the master's degree is conferred on the basis of examinations of coursework and a mini-dissertation or a dissertation (including an examination on the dissertation).
- Relevant BScHons degree awarded by the University of Pretoria (or equivalent)
- Cumulative weighted average of at least 65% for the honours degree
- Evidence of knowledge of research methodology
- Comprehensive intellectual CV
- An entrance/admissions examination may be required
Note: Additional work/modules may be required in order to reach the desired level of competency