Part 1: Research Proposal & Design
Design a research project by formulating the framework of the study by means of a problem statement, literature review, development of research objectives/questions/hypotheses and stipulating the methodology.
Part 2: Qualitative and Quantitative research
Designing quantitative and qualitative research methodology by understanding and applying the relevant approaches, designs, paradigms, sampling procedures, data collection and data analyses methods. Understand what is implied with quality control measures in quantitative and qualitative research.
Part 3: Statistics and Computer- Based Data Analysis
- Know how to use SPSS and AMOS for quantitative data analyses, and how to select appropriate statistics for a variety of research questions and justify the choices from both the perspective of the design as well as the data requirements
- Know how to conduct basic statistical analysis on SPSS and interpret the results (T-tests, ANOVA, Cross-tabs, Correlations, Descriptive statistics – both parametric and non-parametric equivalents)
- Know how to evaluate the psychometric properties of a scale using either exploratory factor analysis (EFA) or confirmatory factor analysis (CFA).
- Understand the rationale and testing for measurement invariance using a CFA approach and how to evaluate model fit in SEM/CFA approach.
- Know how to compare nested and non-nested models in SEM and understand the difference between moderation and mediation.
- Be able to apply ethical research in practice, critically reflect on own, and other’s research and apply the APA guidelines for writing academically
Get Social With Us
Download the UP Mobile App