Hierdie inligting is slegs in Engels beskikbaar.
The PhD(FMS) is a research degree requiring supervised and independent research resulting in a unique scientific contribution to existing knowledge and culminating in a thesis and peer-reviewed publication. The research component weighs 100% towards the degree requirements.
All postgraduate programmes are not offered every year due to capacity and other constraints. Applicants are encouraged to contact the programme coordinator to determine the status of this programme for a specific year.
- A relevant Master’s degree with an average of at least 65%.
- A Research Outline of about 1 000 words must be submitted to the course coordinator in order to be evaluated by the departmental Research Committee.
- The planned research must be aligned with the departmental research focus areas.
- Applications are subjected to a selection process taking into account, amongs others an applicant's previous academic performance, work and research experience and the submitted research outline.
- Approval of an application by the departmental Research Committee is crucial before a student may register.
- Once the research outline is officially approved the candidate may register and a supervisor will be appointed. The candidate will work under the guidance of the supervisor until the research is completed according to the rules and regulations of the university.
- Candidates with international degrees need to submit an accreditation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) with their application. SAQA can be contacted at click here
The module FBS 884 (Financial Management 884) in Research Methodology is prescribed. However, under special circumstances, the Dean may give exemption from this module. Overall, the Head of Department may prescribe additional seminars for a candidate.
Ander programspesifieke inligting
The Dean has authorisation regarding matters not provided for in the General Regulations. The Dean may also, during any academic year and at the recommendation of the Postgraduate Committee, cancel the registration of any student whose academic progress is not satisfactory.
Eksamens en slaagvereistes
No written examinations or coursework are required. However, the thesis should be passed in accordance with the stipulations of Regulations G.52 and G.60.2.2. The faculty's requirements for PhDs, for instance with respect to Ethical Clearance, also have to be adhered to.
These research components contribute 100% of the total requirements for the degree.