BCom (Marketing Management) is a three-year full-time programme. Customers constantly pressurise organisations to act responsibly to provide quality products and services and to offer exceptional customer service. BCom (Marketing Management) equips students with the knowledge and skills to address decisions regarding product price, distribution and promotion. Students are also exposed to the principles of services marketing. Attention is given to consumer behaviour, marketing research, personal selling, brand management marketing issues and strategic marketing.
Apply for the sought-after BCom (Marketing Management) programme at the University of Pretoria.
Gain practical experience with our industry partners!
You will have the opportunity to do practical projects with brands such as Coca-Cola, Appletiser, Bridgestone SA, Discovery Health, Bosch SA and the Gautrain Management Agency. Our industry partners provide real challenges for which students find solutions, which may include:
- The development of integrated marketing communication (IMC) campaigns;
- Sales promotions;
- Social media marketing campaigns;
- Market and consumer analysis; and
- Marketing analytics.
Skills you will acquire in this programme include the ability:
- To communicate a marketing vision and marketing ideas;
- To develop an integrated marketing communication strategy; and
- To plan and implement marketing strategies.
For more information visit www.up.ac.za/marketing
Product management, customer service management, customer relationship management, strategic marketing, sales management, brand management, advertising management, media planning, marketing research management and promotions management
Applications for this plan have closed.
Important information for all prospective students for 2023
The admission requirements below apply to all who apply for admission to the University of Pretoria with a National Senior Certificate (NSC) and Independent Examination Board (IEB) qualifications. Click here for this Faculty Brochure.
English Home Language or English First Additional Language
Life Orientation is excluded when calculating the APS.
You will be considered for final admission to degree studies if space allows, and if you have a National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent qualification with admission to bachelor’s degree studies, and comply with the minimum subject requirements as well as the APS requirements of your chosen programme.
Applicants with qualifications other than the abovementioned should refer to the Brochure: Undergraduate Programme Information 2023: Qualifications other than the NSC and IEB, available at click here.
International students: Click here.
A transferring student is a student who, at the time of applying at the University of Pretoria (UP) is/was a registered student at another tertiary institution. A transferring student will be considered for admission based on NSC or equivalent qualification and previous academic performance. Students who have been dismissed from other institutions due to poor academic performance will not be considered for admission to UP.
Closing dates: Same as above.
A returning student is a student who, at the time of application for a degree programme is/was a registered student at UP, and wants to transfer to another degree at UP. A returning student will be considered for admission based on NSC or equivalent qualification and previous academic performance.
- Students who have been excluded/dismissed from a faculty due to poor academic performance may be considered for admission to another programme at UP, as per faculty-specific requirements.
- Only ONE transfer between UP faculties and TWO transfers within a faculty will be allowed.
- Admission of returning students will always depend on the faculty concerned and the availability of space in the programmes for which they apply.
Closing date for applications from returning students
Unless capacity allows for an extension of the closing date, applications from returning students must be submitted before the end of August via your UP Student Centre.
Minimum duration of study
3 years, full-time
All modules will only be presented in English, as English is the language of tuition, communication and correspondence at the University of Pretoria.
Faculty Yearbooks: click here.
The University of Pretoria has decided not to set a specific closing date for applications to non-selection programmes for 2023. Applications will close when the available study spaces are filled (close on availability of space). Once the available number of study places for a specific programme are filled, no further applications for that particular programme will be considered. All applicants are therefore strongly advised and encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible after 1 April 2022 and to check the application site (UP Student Portal) regularly.
The Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences aspires to be at the cutting edge of economic, financial and management education, as well as research and community engagement within the national, African and global context. Our mission is to advance relevant knowledge and develop employable, innovative and diverse graduates to co-create value for society.
- Disclaimer: This publication contains information about regulations and programmes of the University of Pretoria. Amendments to or updating of the information may be effected from time to time without prior notification. The accuracy, correctness or validity of the information contained here is therefore not guaranteed by the University at any given time and is always subject to verification. The user is kindly requested to verify the correctness of the information with the University at all times. Failure to do so will not give rise to any claim or action of any nature against the University by any party whatsoever.
Enquiries about the programme