In order to make smart choices regarding your own health, it is important to be well informed and have a clear understanding of your current health status.
The purpose of this workshop is to improve staff members’ insight into health-related physical fitness (HRPF) and to help them understand why the five components that make up HRFP are so important to their own health.
During the workshop, staff will do an InBody body composition analysis to assess their heart health and blood pressure. An optional fitness assessment may also be done. The assessment results will be thoroughly explained and discussed. At the end of the workshop, participants should have a clear picture of their own HRPF profiles and should be able to make informed lifestyle choices.
Staff members who wish to participate in the optional fitness assessment must please wear comfortable shoes and clothes that do not restrict movement.
Note that we can accommodate only 10 people and that participants will be accepted on a first come first served basis. Please ensure that your booking is secured for the 2016 revamped wellness workshops on various relevant topics.
Activity: Wellness workshop – Get the picture: Your health-related physical fitness
Date: Friday, 8 April 2016
Venue: EAP@UP, corner of Roper and Prospect streets, Entrance 9, Hatfield Campus (opposite the Mirage aircraft)
Presented by: EAP@UP
RSVP: [email protected] by 12:00 on Wednesday, 6 April 2016
Please obtain prior approval for attending the workshop from your line manager. Bookings cannot be confirmed without such approval. All queries regarding the workshop should be directed to Susan Joubert.
Register online as follows:
- Log on to the UP portal (www.up.ac.za). The UP Staff Intranet news page will appear. Click on the Staff Systems Portlet button.
- Scroll to the Human Capital Management (HCM) System portlet and click on Human Resources Self-Service link (leave, claims, personal info, etc)
- Click on the Employee Work Centre link.
- Click on the Performance Development tab.
- Click on Development Request. (You have previously entered your development needs and have selected the programme(s) that you would like to attend.)
- Click on In-house (free of charge) programmes.
- Click on Search by Course name, type the name of the workshop and click on the Search button, or simply leave the space blank and press Enter.
- A list of all the selected courses will be displayed. On View available sessions, click next to the course you would like to attend and select a session by clicking the Session number.
- On the Request Training Enrolment – Session Detail screen, read the applicable information and click on Continue.
- Complete the comments field, if necessary, and click on Submit.