It is increasingly recognised that the workplace itself has a significant effect on people’s health. If you want to survive and succeed in the instability of a constantly changing world it is important to develop the necessary skills to better cope with life’s challenges. In order to maintain a healthy work-life balance you need to empower yourself through education and skills.
This workshop will give an overview to the different facets of health and wellness and explain how your working environment and working habits can affect your physical and mental wellbeing. You will receive some insight into the unexpected ways on how your lifestyle habits, social interactions, mind-set and direct environment can have an effect on your brain and the positive and negative consequences of these effects. During the workshop you will be guided into identifying problem or risk areas within your working environment and how to address them.
At break time there will be the opportunity to have your cardio stress tested, as well as a fun activity where you can put your mental skills to the test through a device that measures your brain activity.
Please note that there are limited spaces available and we can only accommodate 10 people. We need to work on a first come first serve basis.
Activity: Wellness workshop – Healthy Living
Date: Friday, 24 July 2015
Venue: [email protected]
(corner of Roper and Prospect Street, Entrance 09, opposite the “mirage” aircraft on Hatfield campus
Time: 08:00 - 12:00
Please obtain prior approval to attend the workshop from your line manager. Without such approval we cannot accept your booking. (Please direct all queries with regards to the workshop to Nakitha Lottering).
Register online, as follows:
- Log on to the UP portal (www.up.ac.za). The UP Staff Intranet news page will appear. Click on the Staff Systems Portlet button.
- Scroll to the Human Capital Management (HCM) System portlet and click on Human Resources Self-Service link (leave, claims, personal info, etc).
- Click on the Employee Work Centre link.
- Click on the Performance Development tab.
- Click on Development Request. (You have previously entered your development needs and you have selected the programme(s) that you would like to attend.)
- Click on In-house (Free of charge) programmes.
- Click on Search by Course name, type the name of the workshop and click on the Search button, or simply leave the space blank and press enter.
- A list of all the selected courses will be displayed. Click on View available sessions next to the course you would like to attend and select a session by clicking the Session number.
- On the Request Training Enrolment – Session Detail screen, read the applicable information and click on the Continue button.
- Complete the comments field if necessary and click on Submit.
Ms Patience Mushungwa
Executive Director: Human Capital and Transformation
Get Social With Us
Download the UP Mobile App