This interdisciplinary master's programme, offered in English only, is aimed at developing capacity in the areas of tax policy, governance and administration and is focused on attracting students from the public sector.
Relevant BComHons degree or an LLB degree
Relevant work experience acceptable to the Departmental Postgraduate Selection Committee
Successful completion of the African Tax Institute’s (in the Department of Economics) selection process, which includes an entrance examination
Appropriate work experience within the public or non-governmental sector is required
- Successful completion of the African Tax Institute’s selection process, which includes an entrance exam.
- The Postgraduate selection committee has the right to prescribe any additional modules at honours level to ensure that a candidate complies with all the requirements. All additional modules serve as prerequisite for acceptance into the degree programme.
Pass with distinction
In order to be awarded a postgraduate degree/diploma with distinction, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Obtain a Grade Point Average of at least 75% including at least 75% for the research component in the case of an Honours degree; 75% in the mini-dissertation in the case of a coursework Master's degree or 75% for a full dissertation Master's degree.
- Complete the degree/diploma within the minimum period prescribed.
- Only the final mark of the first attempt to pass the modules or dissertation will be considered.
- The GPA will be not be rounded up to a whole number.