This interdisciplinary master's programme, offered in English only, is aimed at developing capacity in the areas of tax policy, governance and administration and is focused on attracting students from the public sector.
- Successful completion of the African Tax Institute’s selection process, which includes an entrance exam.
- The Postgraduate selection committee has the right to prescribe any additional modules at honours level to ensure that a candidate complies with all the requirements. All additional modules serve as prerequisite for acceptance into the degree programme.
Pass with distinction
In order to be awarded a postgraduate degree/diploma with distinction, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Obtain a Grade Point Average of at least 75% including at least 75% for the research component in the case of an Honours degree; 75% in the mini-dissertation in the case of a coursework Master's degree or 75% for a full dissertation Master's degree.
- Complete the degree/diploma within the minimum period prescribed.
- Only the final mark of the first attempt to pass the modules or dissertation will be considered.
- The GPA will be not be rounded up to a whole number.