Renewal of registration
As long as progress is satisfactory, renewal of the registration of a master’s student will be accepted for the second year of the study. Registration for a third and subsequent years will only take place when the Student Administration of the Faculty receives a written motivation which is supported by the relevant head of department and Postgraduate Studies Committee.
Subject to programme-specific requirements, the curriculum for the MAgric degree consists of the following:
- A dissertation;
- Attendance of the Department’s Research Methods module and
- Presentation of a research proposal during the first year of registration
- Further study in the major subject/s, augmented by ancillary modules prescribed by the Postgraduate Studies Committee, on the recommendation of the head of department. Such ancillary modules may be taken simultaneously with the major subject/s. Candidates in possession of the BScAgricHons degree may be exempted from additional ancillary modules.
- BAgricHons (Extension) degree (or equivalent) or BInstAgrarHons (Extension) degree (or equivalent) or Postgraduate Diploma in Extension and Rural Development (or equivalent) and 60 credits passed at honours level
- A weighted average of at least 60% at final-year level of the BAgricHons (Extension) or BInstAgrarHons (Extension) degree or at least 120 credits of relevant extension modules at honours level with an average of at least 60% in each module or at least 60% in each module at final-year level of the Postgraduate Diploma in Extension and Rural Development
- An admission examination may be required
- A CV with contactable references may be required