- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (or equivalent) degree or relevant bachelor’s degree
- Registration as occupational therapist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- At least one year of clinical experience in the proposed field of study (community service year excluded).
- Employment in a part-time/full-time position for at least 15 hours per week, applicable to the field of study
Also consult General Regulations G30-G41.
Students must register for, and attend (TNM 802) Applied research methodology 802 satisfactorily.
Examinations and pass requirements
- A continuous evaluation mark of at least 50% is required for admission to the examination in the major subject.
- The sequence of the examinations in the prerequisite subjects will be determined by the relevant head of department according to the major subject followed by the student.
- In order to pass, a subminimum of 40% in the written and/or practical and/or clinical sections of the examination, and a final mark of at least 50%, is required in the major as well as the prerequisite subject.
Pass with distinction
The degree is conferred with distinction on a student who has obtained at least 75% (not rounded) in the major module, and an average of at least 65% (not rounded) in the prerequisite modules.