The Postgraduate Diploma consists of compulsory modules at NQF level 8. The modules are worth 20 credits each. The student must complete all the compulsory modules to meet the 120 credits requirement for the qualification.
Information on UPOnline:
- The programmes presented by UPOnline are part-time and fully online
- Online programmes allow access to programme material on any device provided that a stable internet connection is available.
- The UPOnline modules have dedicated facilitators and contactable staff ready to help, motivate and assist students with any queries they may have.
- UPOnline programmes have been designed to provide a highly interactive learning environment which may include live chats, discussion forums and online video communication.
- These programmes are structured with six enrolment opportunities per year where a student will enrol for a single module of either 8 or 16 weeks at a time.
- Payment can be made per module.
- Advanced Diploma in Public Administration (NQF Level 7) or Advanced Diploma in Public Management (NQF Level 7) or Relevant Advanced Diploma (NQF Level 7) or Relevant Bachelor’s degree (NQF Level 7) and
2. A minimum of 3 years of appropriate work experience in the public sector
Application and closing dates:
- Students can apply any time of the year to enrol for a UPOnline programme
- UP Online programmes have six start dates throughout the year
- Applications must be submitted six weeks before a start date. Any applications received after this deadline will be considered for the subsequent start date
- A prospective student should complete only one online application per programme
- The relevant departments will process the applications as they are received
Any prospective student wishing to make claims of equivalence will have to produce written evidence of their competence to undertake a programme at this level (written entrance assignment set by the University) in accordance with the University’s RPL Policy and rules.
The University of Pretoria makes use of Blackboard, branded as clickUP, which is an online system that provides a workspace for students, providing students with the information and the connections needed. ClickUP contains study material as well as a simple, convenient, and reliable web conferencing and virtual classroom solutions specifically built for education and training. ClickUP is accessible via a web browser mobile device, or tablet and has a useful student guide.
Students are required to have some technical and digital literacy skills such as the ability to:
- navigate the University's eLearning environment (ClickUP);
- use the email service in the LMS;
- manage digital files: create, store, upload and attach files to assignment submissions (using applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint);
- use the Library website or databases for research and make use of proper referencing techniques;
- use a webcam, upload videos or audio files, use social media for communication or to collaborate electronically; and
- download and install software and applications.
Other programme-specific information
Exam entry in all subjects requires a minimum 40%. In order to continue on the programme, all students
must receive exam entry in every module. Students cannot be registered on the programme more than
Pass with distinction
Obtain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 75% and the Diploma must be completed within the minimum period of time.