On the recommendation of the relevant head of department, the Dean may set specific residential requirements for the MScAgric degree.
Renewal of registration
As long as progress is satisfactory, renewal of the registration of a master’s student will be accepted for the second year of the study. Registration for a third and subsequent years will only take place when the Student Administration of the Faculty receives a written motivation which is supported by the relevant head of department and Postgraduate Studies Committee.
Subject to programme-specific requirements, the curriculum for the MScAgric degree consists of the following:
- A dissertation; and
- Further study in the major subject/s, augmented by ancillary modules prescribed by the Postgraduate Studies Committee, on the recommendation of the head of department. Such ancillary modules may be taken simultaneously with the major subject/s. Candidates in possession of the BScAgricHons degree may be exempted from additional ancillary modules.
Candidates are required to familiarise themselves with the General Regulations regarding the maximum period of registration and the requirements on the submission of a draft article for publication.
- Relevant BScAgric degree
- A weighted average of at least 60% at honours level
Note: Additional modules may be required in order to reach the desired level of competency
In addition to the set admission requirements, a motivation letter reflecting research interest should accompany the application form. Selection of students will be based on academic performance, the motivation letter, available supervisory capacity and research project funding.
Other programme-specific information
Depending on the academic background of the student and the chosen area of study, it may be required of the student to do additional coursework.
Examinations and pass requirements
- The examinations in the ancillary modules should be successfully completed prior to, or simultaneously with, the examinations in the major subject/s, unless the Faculty Board decides otherwise.
- General Regulation G.12.2 applies to the calculation of marks.
- In order to obtain the MScAgric degree, the candidate must pass all prescribed modules, including the examination in the major subject/s, as well as the dissertation.