- MBChB (or equivalent) degree
- Registration as a medical doctor with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) or registration with the Licensing authority in the country of origin
Other programme-specific information
Select one of the following at the end of the first semester:
- Cardiac ultrasound
Examinations and pass requirements
- Students must obtain a minimum mark of 50% in all the practical assessments and assignments assigned every semester.
- A practical examination (ULT 751) will take place at the end of the two-year programme.
- The final written examination (ULT 750) takes the form of a portfolio of the continuous written assessments completed during each module.
- A minimum final mark of 50% is required in both the portfolio and the practical examination to pass.
Pass with distinction
An average of at least 75% in all modules is required to obtain the diploma with distinction.