- A BSocSciHons (Philosophy, Politics and Economics) degree or relevant honours degree
- A cumulative weighted average of at least 68% for the honours degree is required but students with a cumulative weighted average of 70% or more for the honours degree will receive preference
- Research component passed at honours level
Note: Additional work/modules may be required in order to reach the desired level of competency in research
- Students with an average of between 68% and 70% in the majors/fields of specialisation could be considered for admission under special conditions. Apply to the programme manager.
- Prospective students may be required to do additional work/modules (for non-degree purposes) to enable them to reach the desired level of research capability, should it be found that they have not completed an appropriate research component at honours level.
Pass with distinction
For the degree to be awarded with distinction a student must obtain a minimum of 75% for the dissertation.