The degree comprises the writing of a thesis and a draft article for publication in a recognised scientific journal.
- Relevant Master’s degree with an average of at least 60%.
- The Dean has the right of authorisation regarding matters not provided for in the General Regulations or in the Faculty Regulations. A candidate must also pass a compulsory module in Research methodology if it has not been completed on master’s level. However, the Dean may, in exceptional cases and with recommendation of the head of department concerned, waive this prerequisite.
- Adequate knowledge of Management, Financial and Economic Sciences as well as Statistics as determined by the head of department concerned in consultation with the Dean (Also refer to “presentation on the thesis”).
- A pass mark in Mathematics at Grade 12 level or another qualification in Mathematics, Statistics or Mathematical Statistics deemed adequate by the head of department concerned.
- Exemption assessment on preparatory work, as determined by the head of department concerned.
- A candidate who has acquired adequate knowledge of these basic modules through other means, may be exempted from the examinations in the prescribed capita selecta by the Dean, on the recommendation of the head of department/director.
Examinations and pass requirements
The thesis should be passed in accordance with the stipulations of Regulations G.52 and G.60.2.2, as well as a compulsory module in Research Methodology.
The weight of the research component contributes 100% towards the total requirements for the degree.
Get Social With Us
Download the UP Mobile App