Hierdie inligting is slegs in Engels beskikbaar.
The aim of this degree programme is to produce graduates qualified to operate as professional extension or development agents. On completion of the degree the candidate will be able to design, develop and execute or manage scientifically sound situation-specific and community adapted extension or development programmes, conforming to the principles of participatory development with maximum community involvement and impact.
To enable them to do this they should:
- be aware and knowledgeable of the philosophies and the different concepts and approaches of development and extension as well as its organisation and management;
- have an understanding of the principles of human behaviour with specific reference to decision making and behaviour change and the theories involved in understanding and facilitating change;
- be knowledgeable of the theory and practical implementation of community development, group dynamics and leadership for the formulation and execution of development plans;
- have an understanding of the principles of communication and be skilful in the identification and use of the most appropriate communication methods and combinations thereof;
- be knowledgeable and skilled in the development, execution and evaluation of situation-specific extension programmes;
- have the ability to conduct and report a research study under supervision, in a manner that is appropriate to the discipline of the field of study.
Ander programspesifieke inligting
A module in Agricultural economics or any other field of specialisation may be included as an elective module, in consultation with the Director of the School and the head(s) of department(s).
Elective coursework that may be required will be decided upon by the Director of the School and head(s) of the particular department(s).
Additional required modules as prescribed for the specific fields of specialisation will be jointly determined by the Director of the School and the head(s) of the particular department(s) in question
Eksamens en slaagvereistes
In order to obtain the degree, the candidate must achieve a minimum of 50% in each of the prescribed modules.
Slaag met lof
An average of 75% in all the prescribed modules must be obtained in order to pass the degree with distinction.