Programme: DMus Performing Art

Code Faculty
01262005 Faculty of Humanities
Credits Duration
Duration of study: 2 years Total credits: 360
Prof AF Johnson
[email protected]
+27 (0)124202316

Programme information

The programme focuses on performing art.

Admission requirements

  • A minimum of 65% for the dissertation in the related master’s degree programme articulating with the specific doctoral degree programme.
  • An audition and/or interview must take place.
  • An acceptable level of proficiency in English or Afrikaans is required.


Additional requirements

• An audition and/or interview take place.

• An acceptable level of proficiency in English or Afrikaans is required.


Minimum credits: 360

Core modules

  • Module content:

    A thesis on an approved topic.

    In all instruments: At least 50% of the presented concerts must consist of solo/ist works, and the remaining 50% may consist of chamber works.

    In jazz: At least 25% of the presented programmes must consist of solo, duo or jazz trio settings, and the remaining 75% may consist of a quartet up to a large ensemble – in all cases the programmes must feature the candidate.

    View more

The information published here is subject to change and may be amended after the publication of this information. The General Regulations (G Regulations) apply to all faculties of the University of Pretoria. It is expected of students to familiarise themselves well with these regulations as well as with the information contained in the General Rules section. Ignorance concerning these regulations and rules will not be accepted as an excuse for any transgression.

Copyright © University of Pretoria 2023. All rights reserved.

COVID-19 Corona Virus South African Resource Portal

To contact the University during the COVID-19 lockdown, please send an email to [email protected]

FAQ's Email Us Virtual Campus Share Cookie Preferences