Procedures For MSc Protocol Submissions
Faculty Of Health Sciences, School Of Medicine, Procedures For MSc Protocol Submissions
The following steps must be followed in order to submit an MSc Protocol to the MSc committee:
PROCEDURES: STUDENT AND SUPERVISOR
- MSc registration should take place before protocol submission.
- All students should have completed TNM800.
- A protocol will not be accepted if the research has been completed, or have been initiated.
- Visit a faculty statistician to discuss your research and obtain a letter stating that the statistical aspect of your protocol is satisfactory.
- The protocol should be prepared by the student, in consultation with the supervisor.
- The student’s CV should be included.
- MSc form: Complete the MSc form electronically, and obtain the signature of the Head of Department.
- Supervisor and/or co-supervisor CVs: Include the supervisor and co-supervisor (if applicable) CVs.
- Final document submission:
- Please submit an electronic copy via e-mail of all documentation to Mrs Hildah Kilani ([email protected]). Please ensure that the documents are signed.
- This include the following documents:
- MSc form
- Statistician letter
- CV of student, supervisor and co-supervisor (if applicable)
- Declaration that research will be undertaken by the student.
- Completed and signed Memorandum of Agreement
- Letter from Head of Department indicating that adequate funding is available
- MSc Submission Flow Diagram
- The supervisor must ensure that, before commencing with research, the relevant committee approvals have been obtained (MSc and Ethics). Submission to the Ethics Committee should take place once MSc Committee approval has been obtained. The ethics approval letter should be in the student’s name, and two paper and one electronic copy submitted to the committee.
- Nomination of examiners: B
- oth internal (not the co-supervisor) and external examiners can be nominated 6 months prior to submission of the dissertation. Complete a new MSc form indicating the nominated examiners, with appropriate contact details. Include all examiners CVs to the request. Submit two paper and one electronic copy to Mrs Joubert for approval by the committee. NB the student should not know who the examiners are.
MEETING DATES AND PROCEDURES:
- The MSc Committee meets every last Wednesday of each month except January and December. All documentation needs to be submitted to Mrs Hildah Kilani ([email protected]), R4-11 HW Snyman North) two weeks prior to the meeting.
- Meetings are held in the Immunology Seminar Room (5-33), 5th Level Pathology building, Prinshof.
- The supervisor and student must be present.
|MSc Committee Meeting
|Closing Date for Submissions
|13 February 2019
||27 February 2019
|13 March 2019
||27 March 2019
|10 April 2019
||24 April 2019
|15 May 2019
||29 May 2019
|12 June 2019
||26 June 2019
|17 July 2019
||31 July 2019
|14 August 2019
||28 August 2019
|11 September 2019
||25 September 2019
|16 October 2019
||30 October 2019
|13 November 2019
||27 November 2019
Share this page
Last edited by Marianna KotzeEdit