The Faculty has developed a comprehensive strategic plan that is structured to stimulate future research in the various disciplines it encompasses. The Faculty aims to:
- Develop dynamic, innovative research programmes that are globally competitive and have a local impact
- Ensure a continuous high-quality output so that its researchers are able to attract sustainable funding to further develop its programmes
- Facilitate the development of multi-disciplinary teams aligned to various research themes
- Foster strategic alliances with other local and international institutions
- Attract increasing numbers of local and international postgraduate students
Postgraduate student recruitment and admission procedures have been reviewed and are in the process of being fully implemented. The appointment of a postgraduate coordinator has assisted in facilitating the implementation.