The Committee is concerned with all aspects of postgraduate student affairs from registration, bursaries and scholarships, student throughput, publications and graduation to resolving grieviences. The Committee also oversees the appointment of examiners, supervisors and co-supervisors; review of examiners reports and change of research titles. The Postgraduate Committee is answerable to Faculty Board.
The Committee meets on the middle Tuesday of the month,every second month starting in Feb.
Members of the Postgraduate Committee
- Prof Innocent Pikirayi (Chair)
- Dr Nontembeka Bila (Social Work and Criminology)
- Prof Juan Bornman (Centre of Augmentative and Alternative Communication)
- Prof Amanda du Preez (Visual Arts)
- Prof Alexander Johnson (School of the Arts)
- Dr John Lamola ( Philosophy)
- Prof David Maree (Pyschology)
- Prof David Medalie (English)
- Prof Zitha Mokomane (Sociology)
- Prof Stephan Mühr (Ancient and Modern Languages & Cultures)
- Dr Nisa Paleker (Historical and Heritage Studies)
- Dr Ndukuyakhe Ndlovu ( Anthropology and Archaeology)
- Prof Dewet Swanepoel (Speech- Language Pathology and Audiology))
- Dr Dorette Vermeulen (Music)
- Dr Gerhard Wolmarans(Political Sciences)
- Ms Nombulelo Maphanga Ex-Officio (Faculty Student Admin)
- Ms Tracey Andrew (Committee Adminsitrator)
- Ms Dorcas Mokalapa (Committee Administrator)
- Dr Aceme Nyika (DRI)
For more information on committee processes, procedures and policy, please contact Tracey Andrew at [email protected] or on (012) 4204850 The Committee also oversees the appointment of examiners, supervisors and co-supervisors; review of examiners reports and change of research titles.