On 7 August 2020, the Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Pretoria successfully hosted the third episode of its Safe Neurosurgery Initiative. This webinar discussed the extended use of Intra-operative Ultrasound as an adjunct in Neurosurgery. The faculty for this webinar included Professors Llewellyn Padayachy (South Africa), Geirmund Unsgård (Norway), Aliasgar Moiyadi (India), Alessandro Perin (Italy) and Francesco Prada (Italy). This educational initiative was attended by almost 100 local and international participants, and featured a unique simulation teaching session, underscoring our commitment to providing the highest calibre of teaching and training. The programme ran as follows:
- Ultrasound-guided surgery: Paediatric Neurosurgery Hydrocephalus, Endoscopy – Llewellyn Padayachy (South Africa)
- Ultrasound-guided surgery for Vascular Lesions - Geirmund Unsgard (Norway)
- Extended indications for IOUS – Spinal Cord Tumors – Aliasgar Moiyadi (India)
- Therapeutic indications for US in Neurosurgery – HIFU – Francesco Prada (Italy)
- Simulation training in IOUS – Alessandro Perin (Italy)
To watch the webinar please click on the video below.