NB: Closing dates for application
Undergraduate students – end of September of year before studies commence
Postgraduate students – end of November of year before studies commence
- Before applying, please make sure that you comply with the requirements of the Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences and the Department of Consumer and Food Sciences.
- Go to Application here the whole procedure for applying via the Internet is explained, and where you can access the application form.
- Please note the following changes to the application procedure when you apply to study Consumer and Food Sciences (this will help us to facilitate your application).
(a) As soon as you have submitted your application form, please notify the Department of Consumer and Food Sciences that you have applied to study Consumer Sciences, by e-mailing the following information to [email protected]:
- your full names and surname
- your enrolment number
- name of course that you enrolled for.
(b) Mail the following information directly to the Department of Consumer and Food Sciences (address follows). PLEASE do not mail it to Admissions:
- identity document
- highest school qualification/tertiary qualifications
- application agreement.
(c) Postgraduate applicants have to mail or e-mail the following to the Department of Consumer and Food Sciences ([email protected]) as part of their application:
- curriculum vitae
- a one-page statement of how the postgraduate training will meet your short-term and long-term professional objectives and how these may contribute to the national development of your country
- names and contact information of referees.
The mail address to use is:
Head of Department
Department of Consumer and Food Sciences
University of Pretoria
Private Bag X20 Hatfield
Enquiries can be directed to: [email protected]