UP Strategic Plan 2017-2021
To be a leading research-intensive university in Africa, recognised internationally for its quality, relevance and impact, and also for developing people, creating knowledge and making a difference locally and globally.
Five strategic goals
- To enhance access and successful student learning
- To strengthen the University’s research and international profile.
- To foster and sustain a transformed, inclusive, and equitable University community
- To optimise resources and enhance institutional sustainability
- To strengthen the University’s social responsiveness and impact in society