Prof James Maina
The Faculty’s research strategy is aligned with the University’s overall vision to be a leading, research-intensive university in Africa. It also aims to make a significant contribution to society at large. As such, it focuses its research strengths on six broad research themes, which are aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations.
“I believe that the faculty is well resourced to continue to make an impact on some of the most pressing challenges of the developing world, particularly those related to the country’s economic development, job creation, poverty, inequality, food security, climate change and quality health.”
Research Focus Areas in the Faculty:
- WATER AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
- MINERALS AND MATERIALS BENEFICIATION
- THE FOURTH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
- SMART CITIES AND TRANSPORTATION
- BIG DATA SCIENCE, ICT AND TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION MANAGEMENT
Click on this block below for more information on various research focus areas:
Postgraduate Studies Page.